Tuesday, November 12, 2013

An Unexpected Announcement


When Eowyn and Miss Jane first began emailing in September, it didn't take them long to discover that they were both huge Lord of the Rings fans.  What with much squealing about FARAMIR and counting down the days till The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug came out, a large portion of their emails became LotR-themed.


(Okay, we're going to stop talking about ourselves in third-person now. We're sure you know who we are!)

Then, one of us-- we aren't sure who-- suggested that we hold a LotR blog party. We were both tremendously enthusiastic about the idea, so we began to plan one. In spite of several roadblocks (including school, work, spotty internet, and NaNo), it all began to take shape, and today, we are thrilled to announce that we will be holding a LotR blog party in a little less than a month!


It will take place from December 9th through the 13th. (And, yes, we did chose this week because of Desolation of Smaug, among other things!) We have lots of exciting things planned – including guest posts and a giveaway – and anyone and everyone is welcome to join in! It'll be held at both of our blogs. We do hope that you'll attend!


If you want to spread the word, you can take any of these blog buttons and place them on your sidebar.


Classic Ramblings



Classic Ramblings



Classic Ramblings



Classic Ramblings



Classic Ramblings



Classic Ramblings


More information will be coming as the event approaches. In the meantime, as neither of us can resist a good Les Mis quote:

Thirty more dawns! One more month! ONE MONTH MORE!!!”

Well, okay, so maybe it wasn't perfect. But it works. ; D


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOOOO!!!!

Let's get this party STARTED!!!

-Eowyn-

Miss Jane Bennet said...

I'LL SAY!!!
Gah, I can't wait either. ;)

Anna said...

This looks awesome. Unfortunately, I've never seen/read LoTR but I'll definitely be anxiously awaiting your party! :) Oh, and thanks for asking Eva!

Mònica said...

Cool, I love the name!

Beth P. said...

So, I came across your blog from over at Kiri Liz's blog, Lianne Taimenlore. I'm Beth, from Adventures of An Elven Princess. Nice to meet you! ;)
I'm a huuuuge fan of all things LOTR and the Hobbit, so this "blog party" sounds so fun! It'll help keep me busy in the 29 days before the Desolation of Smaug.. :D

Anonymous said...

By the by.... I think it's hilarious that we're using the same picture. Cuz... ya know. FARAMIR. ; )

-Skye-

Miss Jane Bennet said...

AnElvenPrincess,
Nice to meet you! I'm always glad to meet a fellow Tolkiendil (my and Eowyn's version of "Tolkienite"), and I hope you'll enjoy our party!
Haha, I noticed your countdown till TH: DoS and I heartily approve! ;)
Thanks for commenting and following! :)
Skye (or Eowyn, the Shieldmaiden of All That Is Awesome),
Well...YES. What other button could I have used?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Gollum - Well, I don't know. The mushrooms one?! ; )

-Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of All That Is Awesome. (The Dash likes!)

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Hehe, that one was one of the hardest to make. I think I would have used the Arwen button. In fact, when I was going to put a button on my sidebar, I looked through them and somehow forgot about the FARAMIR one (aren't they cuuuuute together?? ;)), so I picked the Arwen button. Shame on me! ;D
Heehee, exactly!! (Now, I need an awesome nickname...how about Jane, Queen of the Storm? That way, we each have a LotR name and a Penderwick name. ;))

Anonymous said...

Well, it's okay. I forgive you. : )

Alrighty!! Sounds good. : D

-Moi

Beth said...

OOOOHH! I can't wait! I love LOTR!

Anna said...

Hey, I was wondering if you could maybe do some advertising for my blog party if that was at all possible. Oh, I figured out the blog buttons!!! Thanks so much for the help!! If nots, thanks, if so thanks again!!! The announcing post is going out today.

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Elizabethany,
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it as well! ;)

Hannah,
Oh, I'm glad they work! I will definitely take a blog button and I'll see what else I can do in the way of advertising. :)
I'm excited for your blog party! :)

Anna said...

Aww, thanks so much!!

Beth said...

Hello Miss Jane! How are you? I've tagged you over at my blog, please do check it out!