Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year's Eve!




My apologies for the unimaginative title; I couldn't think of a better one.  Anyway...
As I'm sure you all know, tomorrow will be a new year: 2014.  The holiday season has really whirled past this year, so I'm taking this time just to look back at 2013 and see what's happened.  Here are three of the highlights.

  • Starting a blog
This one's pretty obvious. ;P  But seriously, it's been an amazing journey, and I'm looking forward to continuing it in 2014!
  • Falling in love with two new musicals
Les Misérables and Wicked.  In that order.  Les Mis through Barricade Boys Week and Wicked by seeing it live.  Les Mis really has changed me and how I look at the world (however cliched that may sound) and Wicked is just delightful, anytime, anywhere.


  • Discovering Jane Austen, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and classic books in general
One of the best things that ever happened to me. ;P  Without Jane Austen, I wouldn't be half the writer or reader I am today.  And TSP...well, TSP is...melodramatic but highly amusing and very touching. ;)

This year has been very eventful for me.  It's just flown by, but I've grown closer to God and made new discoveries, and overall I'm feeling very thankful at the end of it--and looking forward to the new year with some trepidation but more excitement.

And now I'll stop all the sap and sentimentality and just wish everyone a very happy New Year!



-Miss Jane Bennet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

-moi-

Miss Jane Bennet said...

SAME TO YOU!!! :)

Mònica said...

Happy New Year, I hope it's good! :)