Friday, December 13, 2013

It's Over Now, the Music of the Night!

"A Short-Cut To Mushrooms" is nearly over. *sniffle*  We've had such a great time planning this and making our plans a reality, and we hope that you've enjoyed it as much as we have.  It's been a marvelous experience for both of us (although we do have a list as long as the road to Mordor of things to do "after NaNo, after the blog party" :P).
But wait!  It's not quiiiiiite over yet.  It's now time to unveil the "special surprise" we've been telling you about!  You see, we discovered that we have the same music book: a book of violin pieces from the LotR movies, with piano accompaniments (we both play violin, and Eowyn plays piano as well).  So we got this crazy idea of putting one of the pieces together, and, somehow, we managed to work it out.  Eowyn recorded the piano and sent it to Jane, who recorded the violin and sent it back.  Then Eowyn made a video to match it.
So without further ado, may we present "In Dreams" by Miss Jane Bennet and Eowyn!
 

And now, we really are saying good-bye, so we'll close this with one of the most gorgeous quotes in the entire trilogy.
“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

Personal message from Jane to Eowyn:
First of all, thank you soooooooo much for doing this with me; your enthusiastic emails and brilliant ideas made many gloomy days brighter, and I've just had an amazing time.  I really, really appreciate the opportunity of holding a blog party with you, as well as just trading emails, calls, snippets, and random fun moments.  Your capital-letter fangirling has made my day many times, and I've learned a lot from you as well.
This has been a wonderful journey for me, and I hope and pray that it won't end for many years yet.  I really have been changed--for the better--and I am so thankful for your friendship.
CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A SUPERGIRL, MY DARLING SKYE!!!!

-Miss Jane Bennet

6 comments:

Mònica said...

You two sounded really good, that was lovely! :'D (And the pictures used were awesome.)
Sorry I didn't do many posts, today was busy, and I didn't have anything intelligent to say. XD
But I really liked reading all the posts over here, so Huzzah!

Beth P. said...

That was lovely!! Wonderful job. :)

Btw...have you seen The Desolation of Smaug yet????? :D

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Xochitl,
Aw, thanks. :) And all credit for the pictures goes to Eowyn! :)
Hey, posts about LotR are welcome anytime. *cough* ;)
I'm glad you enjoyed this!

AnElvenPrincess,
Thanks! And nope, I haven't. :( I have to wait a weeeeeeek. ;)

Anonymous said...

HIGH. FIVE. We are now Supergirls. : )

LOVED doing this with you!!! Can't wait for more adventures, m'dear Gollum!!

-Skye-

Miss Jane Bennet said...

WOOT! We are Ze Supergirls Extraordinaire. ;)

SAME! Onward we go! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice music! As a violinist, I thought it was great! Maybe you a little more wider vibrato. Also, I wouldn't use open strings (my teacher is really picky about that).
Marie