Friday, December 27, 2013

The Jane Austen Challenge II

I'm back!  Did you miss me? ;P  Apparently, I can't stick to any resolution of not blogging, because here I am already.
Anyways...
I'm announcing the Jane Austen Challenge II!  No, it's not going to be exactly the same as last one, don't worry.

I received Emma, Northanger Abbey, The Watsons, Sanditon and Lady Susan for Christmas, thereby completing my JA collection.  In celebration, I'm doing a read-through of her six major novels, starting with Sense and Sensibility, going to Mansfield Park, and then Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion, in that order.  (They're sorted according to size.)
Anyway.  After I finish each book, I'm going to do a review (or a "thoughts on re-reading" post) of it.  At the end, I'll put all the reviews in a post and on the sidebar so people can get to them easily.
However, there will probably be quite a space in between reviews, so this will hopefully not be the only thing posted about in the coming weeks!  I saw The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug yesterday, so a review of that should be out soon-ish.  I've also been reading quite a variety of books lately, most of which need to be reviewed. ;)
Back to the JA Challenge (which will hereby be called the Jane Austen Review Challenge, so as not to be confused with the previous one).  If you would like to participate at all, just do a review of any JA-themed thing, whether it's a movie, book or something else entirely and leave a comment with a link on any JA Review post.  Your link will be included in the list I'll post at the end.  This is completely informal and optional; no pressure!  It starts on January 1st.
And that's pretty much it!  I made a blog button for the Review Challenge, which you may take if you wish.
Classic Ramblings
Now I'm off to get a head-start on S&S...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi!
When does your "challenge" end?
I'd like to do it, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to reviewing a Jane Austen thing. I'm kinda taking a break from blogging, and I'm not sure what I'll post about when I get back into it! Thanks!

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Natalie,
Hey! :)
It doesn't have a specific end date. It ends when I'm done reviewing all of JA's six major novels, which could take several months or just till the end of January. Persuasion is the last novel I'm reviewing, and the compilation of reviews will be posted a day or two after that. So Persuasion is the "warning" that time is running out. I'd say that this will last until March--that's the closest estimate I can give you. Sorry for the vagueness. :)