Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Random Questions Tag!

Hello, everyone!  Guess who has internet on vacation! :D
Miss Elliot of Puritan Observer tagged me with the Random Questions tag invented by Naomi Bennet--thank you, Miss Elliot!  Randomocity is one of my favorite things. :-)

The Rules:
~Paste the button onto your blog post.
~ Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time!) (Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity – make the blogging world a cheerful place :-) And be disastrously random.)


Now for the fun…

~Write down three facts about you – one of them is WRONG. Let your commenters guess in the comments which one is wrong (and tell them in the comments after a while)
~Answer the questions of the person who tagged you – make it all super random and interesting :-D


Okay, facts first. ;) 
~Eddie Redmayne is my favorite Marius.
~My favorite color of ink is pink.
~I love chocolate-mint-flavored tea.

Now for the questions...

Are there flowers in your bedroom?
I was going to say no, but I do have several hats with flowers on them--does that count? ;)  Oh, and I used to have a pot of African violets...I don't remember what happened to them, though. :P
Who was your first - really first - (fictional) crush?
Ahhhmmm.  I've had so many that I really don't remember...
{Here I sat for a long while, trying to recall whether my whole-hearted adoration of Disney's Snow White when I was five included a crush on the prince.  Finally I decided not--I wanted the castle and the sunset and didn't care about the boy. :P}
Okay.  I thiiiink that my first-ever really-truly crush was on Martin the Warrior from Redwall.  I don't even remember how old I was, but I wore my copy of Mossflower (one of the Redwall books in which he is the main character) to bits and pieces within the year.  Oh, or maybe it was Sherlock Holmes.  I had to read a couple of his stories in fifth grade and ended up reading the entire compendium.
What is, in your opinion, the prettiest Little House Book cover?
I think this one:




 It's not the most aesthetically appealing cover, but there's just something in it that captures the spirit of the book. (Also Plum Creek is my favorite of the Little House books.)
On pictures, do you smile with your teeth or without?
With my teeth.  I tried to do a toothless smile for awhile, but I always end up looking bored and/or murderous. :P
In 'Return to Cranford' Miss Matty gets a turban. What do you think of her in a turban?
Ummm...no idea. :P  I haven't seen RtC (or Cranford).  I know, it's shocking.  But there, now you have another (true) random fact about me.
Did you get fooled this year on April the 1st?
Nooope.  Haha.  Actually, the only April Fools' (or is it Fool's??) joke I encountered this year was my parents switching out salt for sugar and vice-versa, but nobody used either of said foods that day, so it didn't work. :P
Do you think it's rude when girls re-do their whole hairstyle in public?
That depends.  I certainly don't think it's rude for someone to put a ponytail in or fix their braid in public, but if it's something that takes a long time to do so that they ignore everyone around them, then yes. 
What's your least favourite song in 'The Sound of Music?'
I've only seen TSOM once, when I was Very Little, so...can't answer this one either. *shocked gasps from everyone reading this*
Oh well.  You're learning a lot about me today. ;-)
Do you chew your inside cheeks when you're thinking?
...Maybe?  I never notice what I'm doing when I'm thinking hard. :P
Your how-many-ieth post is this?
My 173rd.  Wowwww. :D
What's your favourite Dickens movie?
Oh dear.  I haven't seen any Dickens movies either. :P  I've read a few of his novels, but that's it...oh, and I've watched the gorgeous "A Tale of Two Cities" musical adaptation, so I guess that's my favorite.
What should you be doing right now?
I'm on vacation, so I'm good.  HAHAHA.  Actually I could be practicing violin right now...oh well.  Or I could be watching "The Hollow Crown", which is amazing and beautiful and seriously go watch it now. :D
Do it. ;-)
Okay!  Just let me finish this first. ;-)

Now for my questions!
~What color do you most enjoy wearing?
~If you were a detective/superhero/&ct. and could pick any book character as your companion, who would it be?
~Do you prefer scarves or hats?
~List a few movies you'd have loved to be an extra in.
~If you could visit any time period and bring back one souvenir, what would it be and why?
~Least favorite type of weather?
~Favorite hairstyle?
~What's your least favorite Disney movie?
~What point-of-view do you most enjoy reading?
~Favorite place to read?
~List three of your favorite non-human book characters.
~Is there a villain you think you'd get along with wonderfully?  If so, who and why?

My nominations:
~Eva.  Because she is my Science Bro and she's very cool in general.
~Melody.  She always does nice long tag answers. :D
~Ashley.  Tags are great when you're busy! :) 

Now let's see how many people actually read all the way down to the end. ;)  Today is my second blogging anniversary!  This isn't the best time to share stats since I've been gone for so long (next year I will hopefully do better :D) but goodness, all you lovely people, you've helped make these two years go by so fast and I've enjoyed every minute of it.  I praise God for the blessings He's given me, and thank you all for every minute of time spent reading and commenting on my posts.
~Miss Jane Bennet 

13 comments:

Eva said...

Thanks so much for tagging me! I'm not sure if I'll actually do this, since I already did it once, and available blogging time is fearfully short right now, but the questions DO look fun....

Science Bros! I'd almost forgotten about that. :P (Was I Tony or Bruce? I thiiiink I was Bruce.)

And congrats on your anniversary. :) I can't believe we've known each for so long!

~Darcelsaba

P.S. Is the pink ink fact the wrong one?

Naomi Pitts said...

Happy second anniversary!!!! See, I read ALLL through to the end! :-)

I'm guessing your wrong fact is the second one.

Okay, I'm going to be annoying now.
YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANY DICKENS MOVIE?!!! Watch Little Dorrit, m'dear!!! Your life will feel more complete afterwards. :-)

On the Banks of Plum Creek is GORGEOUS. It used to be my favourite Little House book - but now it's been replaced by the Golden Years one. :-)

Oh dear! You haven't seen Sound of Music for a long time either. *shocken sound*

Lovely post!

~ Naomi

Evangeline said...

Ooooh Jane you have a LOVELY new header dear! I love it very much!! :-)

hmmmmmm I'd say the one about Marius is wrong? (sidenote: Geuss who's seeing Les Mis live at the end of the year!??!!?)

Ooh that's pretty!

Teehee I hadn't seen RtC or C either till mum forced me too xD

Oh I did! I got fooled!

*GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSP* You must watch it again!! xD

Congrats!!

I'd LOVE to see that in a musical form.

Practise that Violin my friend!! xD

Do you think I could answer your questions here? They are so delightfully tempting!

What color do you most enjoy wearing?

As a Musician I'd say Performance Black but normally jeans and whatever top takes my fancy and scarf. (It's winter here)

~If you were a detective/superhero/&ct. and could pick any book character as your companion, who would it be?

ANY?! I cannot choose.. hmm maybe Hercle Poirot or Miss Marple xD

~Do you prefer scarves or hats?
Scarves *twirls scarf I'm wearing*

~List a few movies you'd have loved to be an extra in.

-Narnia
- Erm
- Jurassic Park
- The Dish
- Mary Poppins
- Les Mis
- Harry Potter
- LOTR/Hobbit
- S&S 1995
Where to start??! (Do TV shows count?)
- Poirot
- Doctor Who
- Pride and P 1995
- Miss Marple
-

~If you could visit any time period and bring back one souvenir, what would it be and why?

- Edwardian and one of their outfits with a big hat or a journal or or or I don't know!!

~Least favorite type of weather?

The Hot sticky heat we get in Australia.. now we've moved somewhere colder thank gosh!

~Favorite hairstyle?
Long and wavy or pinned up or 1940s curly bob or strangely pixie cut- seriously considering one xD

~What's your least favorite Disney movie?
Jungle Book

~What point-of-view do you most enjoy reading?

All!

~Favorite place to read?

In a tree? in front of a fireplace

~List three of your favorite non-human book characters.

1. Ford Prefect (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)
2. Aslan
3. Hagrid?

~Is there a villain you think you'd get along with wonderfully? If so, who and why?

hmmmmmm
Sherlock? :P

Mònica said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! That's so cool, two whole years!
Uh, I'm going to try and guess the three facts thing and say that Eddie Redmayne being your favorite Marius isn't true. I thought it might have been Michael Ball?

miss elliot said...

Hooray!!! :-)
Ooh, which fact is wrong?? WHICH ONE WHICH ONE???
I'm going with the chocolate-mint-tea one because chocolate tea is COCOA, peeps. :-)
Heehee, you ended up looking bored or murderous. Like Sherlock Holmes, by the way. ;-)
OOH YOU SHOULD SEE LITTLE DORRIT. I'm not a Dickens fan but I'm a Little Dorrit fan, haha.
Oh my word!! Two years of blogging!!! Congratulations and I hope you continue for many years. :-)
(Oh, as a side note, are you on Twitter, dear?)

Natalie said...

Glad to see you back to the blogging world! :) I'm going to guess that your false fact is #2, the ink one.

You've only seen SoM once?? That's kind of an outlandish thought to me because my family has watched it so many times we practically get sick of it, haha.

And happy 2 year blog-o-versary!!! :D

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I'm watching "Cranford" for the first time right now, and it's quite fun. I'm liking it even better than I'd hoped. (Also, Tom Hiddleston is in "Return to Cranford," so I have that to look forward to!)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Also, I've awarded you the Liebster Award. Details here :-)

The Gibson Girl said...

Happy anniversary! I am just discovering the lovely world of blogging... there are so many kindred spirits out there, I feel myself quite at home.

I'm not usually much of a person for musicals, but I confess I do like The Sound of Music, for the most part. Some of the time it actually makes SENSE for them to be singing. ;) You should watch it again! Or at least listen to the sound track. :)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Miss Jane!

Melody said...

Wow, I didn't see this before! Thanks for tagging me.

Also, I didn't see that you have a blog button! That's on my sidebar now. :)

Jack said...

I completely understand your Martin the Warrior crush. I still grin wildly when I see his name, and when I read the book I started it thinking I could never love anyone was much as I loved Matthias. And now I have this rather overpowering urge to reread both of the books

Unknown said...

I love this tag. I've passed it around and it's come my way a few times. It's always fun. :)

Isabella DeLallo said...

Hello! I stumbled on your blog while looking up Sydney quotes, and I have to say, it was exciting! I don't know many people who like ATOTC, let alone have seen the musical! I have a favor to ask. right now there is a petition going to get ATOTC released on DVD. It needs 100 signatures and I am having a lot of trouble promoting it. Would you mind signing it and sharing? Maybe even posting about it? It would help so much and there are so few people I know that I can talk to :) Thank you so much for all your support! The Petiton: https://www.change.org/p/barbara-sharp-producer-ron-sharp-producer-jill-santoriello-writer-creator-release-the-stage-performance-of-a-tale-of-two-cities-on-dvd